Date:      Wed, 27 Oct 2004 23:47:07 +0200
From:      Torfinn Ingolfsen <torfinn.ingolfsen@broadpark.no>
To:        freebsd-sparc64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Using Creator 3D on an Ultra 1E?

On Wed, 27 Oct 2004 19:55:22 +0200
Marius Strobl <marius@alchemy.franken.de> wrote:

> Donate an U2 to Marcel Moolenaar :) He is willing to fix the support

If I had such hardware, I would certainly donate one. Alas, I only have
this U1E, it was given to me.

> for the Z8530 (he wrote the initial part) which is the problem here
> but doesn't have the hardware himself.

Hmm, I wonder if he would he could work "through the mail" with me
(sending patches and test reports back and forth), or if that would just
creat to much frustration.

> I guess there's something wrong with your Creator card or the 13W3-to-
> VGA adaptor then because independent of any installed OS you should
> at least get the Open Firmware banner on the monitor when powering up
> the box.

Ok I tested the card from OBP with the following commands:
----------------[ cut here ]----------------
ok setenv diag-switch? true
diag-switch? =        true
ok test /SUNW,ffb
Verifying Console Mode for Frame Buffer Board
This will take a few minutes
Verifying Frame Buffer Memory used for console mode
This will take about two minutes
FFB Frame Buffer functional test passed
ok setenv diag-switch? false
diag-switch? =        false
----------------[ cut here ]----------------
But still no display (not even a blink during the test) on my monitor.
How do I find out if the 13W3-toVGA adapter is working or not?
(It is brand new). Are there different versions of this adapter on the
market? The supplier only lists the adapter as "ADapter HDDB15F-13W3M,
Sun".

I also tried the following command in OBP:

setenv output-device screen:r1280x1024x76

but it didn't help.
--
Torfinn Ingolfsen,
Norway