Date:      Thu, 03 Apr 1997 13:38:42 -0500
From:      dennis <dennis@etinc.com>
To:        Luigi Rizzo <luigi@labinfo.iet.unipi.it>
Cc:        narvi@haldjas.folklore.ee, joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Does de driver do 100MBIT Full Duplex?

At 07:03 PM 4/3/97 +0200, Luigi Rizzo wrote:
>> It seems to me, that the fact that the most popular driver for FreeBSD
>                                     ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>
>you mean the "ed" driver ? :)

Sorry...most popular PCI driver.......

Although at this point I believe that the problems I am having have more
to do with NFS than the de driver. Alas, the plans to seriously promote
FreeBSD that we had clearly have to go on hold.....

Dennis

>Seriously, the 21x4x cards are nice and cheap (considering their
>performance), but I suspect there are far more NE2000 clones around
>(both PCI and ISA) than the total of other network cards.
>
>What you say (delay the release of 2.2 until we had a stable "de"
>driver) would have only been possible if there were someone paid for
>fixing the driver with some reasonable deadline. Nothing like that in
>our project.
>
>	Cheers
>	Luigi
>-----------------------------+--------------------------------------
>Luigi Rizzo                  |  Dip. di Ingegneria dell'Informazione
>email: luigi@iet.unipi.it    |  Universita' di Pisa
>tel: +39-50-568533           |  via Diotisalvi 2, 56126 PISA (Italy)
>fax: +39-50-568522           |  http://www.iet.unipi.it/~luigi/

Emerging Technologies, Inc.
Router cards for BSD/OS, FreeBSD, NetBSD,
OPenBSD and Linux
Standalone Routers
Bandwidth Allocation/Limiter Manager
http://www.etinc.com