Date:      Wed, 01 Dec 2004 20:22:40 +1300
From:      Mark Kirkwood <markir@paradise.net.nz>
To:        Mark Kirkwood <markir@paradise.net.nz>
Cc:        stacey@vickiandstacey.com
Subject:   Re: Cannot install 5.3 on tyan tiger 133

Mark Kirkwood wrote:

> After reading of your experiences, the following scenarios suggest
> themselves:
>
> - Booting from cd with the Promise TX2000 Raid card removed
> - Booting from cd with 1 cpu removed (with or without the TX2000)
> - (Assuming some of the above work) Moving the TX2000 to a different
> PCI slot and booting

Well that was interesting:

- Removed the Promise TX2000, boots from the cd fine! (ahhh)
- Moved the TX2000 from PCI 3 -> PCI 6. Boots from the cd fine.
- Put cover back on, won't boot from cd (growl).
- Replace infra-red mouse with standard 2 button mouse. Boots from cd fine.

So, hmm, not sure exactly what did the trick, but so far I have managed
to install the 'mininal' distribution set and boot normally.

I will post an update on the final state of affairs, but so far so good.

Thanks for the replies - made me think!

regards

Mark