Date:      Tue, 17 Dec 2002 20:18:35 +0000
From:      Lars Hecking <lhecking@users.sourceforge.net>
To:        ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   gif in gd2?

 Hi,

 Can someone please explain to me the rationale behind adding gif support
 to graphics/gd2? gif support was officially removed from gd with version
 1.6. Does the FreeBSD project have a license from UniSYS?

 (While reworking the configure script for gnuplot-cvs, I was wondering
  about the strange result that it found a gd library that supports both
  png and gif.)