Date:      Fri, 3 Mar 2006 13:39:15 +0100
From:      Pawel Jakub Dawidek <pjd@FreeBSD.org>
To:        "Gustavo A. Baratto" <gbaratto@superb.net>
Cc:        geom@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: ggate+gmirror problem

--bg08WKrSYDhXBjb5

On Thu, Mar 02, 2006 at 10:12:39PM -0800, Gustavo A. Baratto wrote:
+> I have created a girror from a local partition and a ggate provider.
+> The problem that happened a few times was that if the ggate server goes =
down, the mirror freezes completely, and I can't read nor write in the dire=
ctory mounted on the=20
+> gmirror.
+>=20
+> A 'gmirror list' shows both providers (local partition and ggate) workin=
g fine.
+> And a 'ggatec list -v' shows the ggate provider normally

Try -t option for ggatec(8). ggate doesn't works very well with
gmirror/graid3 yet, as when the other side is disconnected,
gmirror/graid3 will mark component as broken and won't connect it again.

--=20
pjd@FreeBSD.org                           http://www.FreeBSD.org

--bg08WKrSYDhXBjb5

--bg08WKrSYDhXBjb5--