Date:      Tue, 19 Jan 99 09:51:28 PST
From:      "Igor B. Bykhalo" <goshik@binep.ac.ru>
To:        "FreeBSD-questions" <freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG>

>It's in the subject line, but often overlooked: It's a Linksys Ether16
>PnP card, which supports EEPROM configuration of the memory address and
>IRQ.

>Ok, both status lights are on on the back of the card.  I programmed
>it's EEPROM with a DOS box I have in the other room, setting it to
                                   ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
                                        Here???
>0x280, IRQ 10, half-duplex, disabled PnP features.  The pertinent
>information follows below:

Just a thought... In my practice I had a ton of EEPROM Ethernet
cards wich loose EEPROM configuration after releasing them out
of PC box. The only cards I had keeping their EEPROM settings
when moving them from one box to another were some 3Coms and
Compexes, and even them sometimes returned to default settings.
But this is only my experience.
I think you'd better have DOS boot floppy with your card
setup program to configure the card in the box were it
will work...

Regards,
Goshik