Date:      Sat, 19 Aug 1995 05:35:04 GMT
From:      tsai@server.keck.lmu.edu
To:        tsai@server.keck.lmu.edu, xiao@bnr.ca
Cc:        mkiser@bnr.ca, questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   re:How to run Xview and olvwm on BSD 2.0

> XView is a set of libraries so you dont run it. It provides an development
> environment complaint to Sun's open-look. A few Sun tools like cmdtool,
> clock are included.

I think my questions might be misleading.  What I try to ask is that
I want to run Xview but I can not start either olvwm or olwm.

> I have tried starting olvwm/olwm via /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/xinit. The server
> starts and I was excited for about 15 seconds: it crashes at my first
> key stroke to a shell window. (I tend to believe this is a mach32 only
> 'feature'.)
Do you know how to start olwm or olvwm?  I thought I can start them from
the .xinitrc file .
I think mach32 is a pretty good video card.  I have been having trouble
with it when I first get it.  But it seems to work ok now(after some
driver update).

Thanks for your reply.

Yao-Wen Stephen  Tsai 8/18/95