Date:      Mon, 20 Nov 2006 01:42:24 +0100
From:      Torfinn Ingolfsen <torfinn.ingolfsen@broadpark.no>
To:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Status of 3945ABG and others

On Sun, 19 Nov 2006 19:55:56 +0100
Max Laier <max@love2party.net> wrote:

> There is an experimental FreeBSD version of this driver available
> via: http://people.freebsd.org/~flz/local/wpi/ ... there are a couple

This is indeed great news!
I have tested the driver on my laptop, amd it works:
tingo@kg-home$ uname -a
FreeBSD kg-home.kg4.no 6.2-PRERELEASE FreeBSD 6.2-PRERELEASE #3: Fri Nov 10 23:09:04 CET 2006     root@kg-home.kg4.no:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/AS5672  i386
tingo@kg-home$ ifconfig wpi0
wpi0: flags=8843<UP,BROADCAST,RUNNING,SIMPLEX,MULTICAST> mtu 1500
        inet 10.1.150.12 netmask 0xffff0000 broadcast 10.1.255.255
        ether 00:13:02:3e:d4:ce
        media: IEEE 802.11 Wireless Ethernet autoselect (OFDM/6Mbps)
        status: associated
        ssid kg4 channel 1 bssid 00:0f:66:51:aa:41
        authmode WPA privacy ON deftxkey UNDEF TKIP 2:128-bit txpowmax 100
        bmiss 7 protmode CTS roaming MANUAL bintval 100

(I actually SSH'ed into the laptop to get this message)
The driver only works with acpi disabled (tha fault of the laptop, not
the driver - it is the same with the bge driver), and it spits out soem
error messages. I'll update the web page with the information.
When updated, you can find dmesg output on
http://tingox.googlepages.com/aceraspireas5672andfreebsd

Let me know if I can test anything else to help.
--
Regards,
Torfinn Ingolfsen,