Date:      Fri, 4 May 2001 11:29:45 -0400
From:      Chip Marshall <chip@setzer.chocobo.cx>
To:        freebsd-multimedia@freebsd.org
Subject:   Multi-input Hauppauge card

The company I work for has recently been purchasing bunches of
Hauppauge video capture cards for use with one of our products. We've
been ordering the webcam bundle from their store, and normally we get
a simple card with just one video input on it. Recently however, we
recieved a card with 1 S-Video input and 3 RCA inputs (picture of the
card is at http://www.simprocontrols.com/hauppauge.jpg if that helps.)

This new cards dmesg output looks like this:
bktr0: <BrookTree 878> mem 0xde001000-0xde001fff irq 5 at device 18.0 on pci0
bktr0: Hauppauge WinCast/TV, <no> tuner.

We're hoping to be able to use more than one input on this new card, but
so far we havn't had any luck with it. Using fxtv, we've been able to
get a picture using the top RCA input, but just get blank blue when we
try to hook up to the others. Channel control doesn't seem to do
anything.

I'm guessing that getting the other inputs involves switching the card
to another channel somehow, but I'm not familiar enough with the
driver or how the bt878 works to do so.

Anyone have any ideas on getting data from the other video inputs on
this card?

--
Chip Marshall <chip@chocobo.cx>                http://www.chocobo.cx/chip/
GCM/CS d+(-) s+:++ a19>? C++ UB++++$ P+++$ L- E--- W++ N+@ o K- w O M+ V--