Date:      Fri, 8 Jan 1999 23:40:01 -0800 (PST)
From:      Kris Kennaway <kkennawa@physics.adelaide.edu.au>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: ports/9401: sysutils/wmmon port broken for 2.2.x [patch included]

The following reply was made to PR ports/9401; it has been noted by GNATS.

From: Kris Kennaway <kkennawa@physics.adelaide.edu.au>
To: asaddi@philosophysw.com
Cc: FreeBSD-gnats-submit@freebsd.org
Date: Sat, 9 Jan 1999 18:01:46 +1030 (CST)

 On Fri, 8 Jan 1999 asaddi@philosophysw.com wrote:

  wmmon fails to compile under 2.2.x due to a reference to devstat_errbuf:

 > ===>  Building for wmmon-1.0b2
 > cc -c -O -pipe -g -Wall -I/usr/X11R6/include wmmon.c -o wmmon.o
 > wmmon.c: In function `main':
 > wmmon.c:223: warning: implicit declaration of function `checkversion'
 > wmmon.c:225: `devstat_errbuf' undeclared (first use this function)
 > wmmon.c:225: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
 > wmmon.c:225: for each function it appears in.)
 > *** Error code 1

 Humm..there should be a 2.2-specific makefile extracted under
 work/wmmon/Makefile.FreeBSD-2.2 which gets copied to the build directory in
 post-patch. Can you verify whether this is taking place? This makefile was
 contributed by the author of the FreeBSD patches to wmmon and I haven't tested
 it, not having access to a 2.2 machine.

 Thanks!

 Kris

 -----
 (ASP) Microsoft Corporation (MSFT) announced today that the release of its
 productivity suite, Office 2000, will be delayed until the first quarter
 of 1901.