Date:      Wed, 26 Mar 1997 11:28:03 -0800 (PST)
From:      Annelise Anderson <andrsn@andrsn.stanford.edu>
To:        Santi Rosswong <imp@loxinfo.co.th>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Handbook

On Wed, 26 Mar 1997, Santi Rosswong wrote:

>         In several announcements I have seen cryptic reference to a "Handbook".
> Is there any such thing as a "FreeBSD Handbook", and if so where can it be
> purchased?
If you installed any documentation at all, the handbook should be on
your hard drive in /usr/share/doc/handbook, including, in that directory,
handbook.ascii, which is the whole thing and can be read and searched
with a word processor.

I split it into sections and printed it out in booklet form, which
I've found very useful.  (I used pcbook.exe, a dos program.)

The Unix System Administration Handbook by Nemeth et.al is a very
good overview of how things work, with "BSD" sections that are
directly relevant.

Annelise