Date:      Sun, 13 Mar 2005 13:34:15 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Pedro F. Giffuni" <giffunip@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-ports@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   incr-Tcl/Tk needs an update

Hello;

I want to update iwidgets to the latest (4.0.1) version so that in the future
BRLCAD doesn't install it's own, however I have no idea about Tcl/TK, and there
are several issues:

- itcl depends on Tcl8.3 .. any idea if it will work with Tcl/Tk 8.4 ?

- the ports haven't been touched in ages.. they build fine but we don't build
them the way it's supposed to be done... autoconf, etc.

- We never build iTcl in a single tree.. we extract itcl in one port and itk in
another port. I tried updating these two ports but I get many testing error
messages.

- In the last version iwidgets has been separated from itcl, which is great
because the "new" itcl distribution (3.2.1) is smaller, however I still need to
point to the place where itcl sources are in order to configure iwidgets.

I would like some feedback, or even help ;-).. otherwise I think it would be
better to start a new iTcl port from scratch.

cheers,

    Pedro.