Date:      Thu, 26 Jan 2017 16:28:00 +0000 (UTC)
From:      jbeich@freebsd.org (Jan Beich)
To:        mokhi64@gmail.com
Cc:        freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: correct way of using autoreconf and automake

mokhi <mokhi64@gmail.com> writes:

>>  The error often originates from undefined macros provided by other packages e.g.,
> Yeah, as far as I understood, the `PKG_CHECK_MODULES` is not
> translated to its definition in first run.
> But the weird point for me is that why it will be corrected in second
> run (inside the jail)?

poudriere only installs BUILD_DEPENDS for current package but a regular
build would also do so for any dependencies. Probably one of those pulls
devel/pkgconf (aka USES=pkgconfig) which is what provides PKG_CHECK_MODULES.
poudriere jail has USE_PACKAGE_DEPENDS in make.conf, so this shouldn't
happen unless one of the dependencies isn't present in the package cache.

Complete build logs can tell more unlike preprocessed configure.