Date:      Fri, 17 Nov 1995 10:38:09 -0700 (MST)
From:      Terry Lambert <terry@lambert.org>
To:        didier@omnix.fr.org (Didier Derny)
Cc:        terry@lambert.org, joerg_wunsch@uriah.heep.sax.de, hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: pty

> I must be able to receive up to 256 simultaneous connexions on the same
> machine.

Yeah.  You need a cloning driver so that you can have as many pty's
as will fit into memory.  The size limit you have now is based on the
static name range for pty allocation.  And that's being limited by
the hard coded search order more than anything else.

					Terry Lambert
					terry@lambert.org
---
or previous employers.