Date:      Tue, 2 Mar 1999 10:38:18 -0600 (CST)
From:      "Paul T. Root" <proot@mail.iaces.com>
To:        dpilgrim@uswest.net (Nocturne)
Cc:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Cisco 675 [Was: Re: support for ADSL cards drivers in FreeBSD]

In a previous message, Nocturne said:
> Speaking of the Cisco 675...
>
> Is anyone using the either of the routing modes?  I'm curious if
> there are advantages to setting it as a router instead of a bridge.
> Or would I be better off leaving it in bridging mode and using a
> box as the router?

You can't switch it at will. You have to have the proper service from
your ISP's Megacentral.

Routing has the advantage that it also does NAT, thus only taking one
IP address from the ISP. However, with the code I have on my 675 (I think
it's 2.0.1), ssh doesn't work thru NAT. A fix is in the works (I hope, at
least I informed my higher ups who work with Cisco).

Paul.

--
"Who the hell wants to hear actors talk?" --H.M. Warner, Warner Brothers,
1927.