Date:      Mon, 7 Aug 2017 00:03:01 +0000
From:      "Owens, Keith" <Keith.Owens2@dell.com>
To:        "freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org" <freebsd-hackers@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Writing a GEOM class, threads that can or cannot sleep

Looking at https://www.freebsd.org/doc/en/articles/geom-class/article.html,=
 section 4.7.=0A=
=0A=
"The event functions are" ... "These functions are called from the g_down k=
ernel thread and there can be no sleeping in this context".=0A=
=0A=
Correct me if I'm wrong, but only the start event goes via g_down.=0A=
dumpconf, orphan, spoiled events go via g_event which can sleep.=0A=
access can be called from any code on any thread (including g_down) so it m=
ust not sleep.=0A=
=0A=
What is the process for updating articles?=0A=