Date:      Mon, 10 Aug 1998 17:46:19 -0400 (EDT)
From:      Luoqi Chen <luoqi@watermarkgroup.com>
To:        bf20761@binghamton.edu, freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re:  Question about routine getblk()

> Hi, getblk() tries to get a buffer with specified size
> of physical memory allocated to it.  I got two questions
> about this routine:
>
> (1) The given size could be greater than the optimial size contained in
> the mount structure.  The comment says "this happens on mount points".
> Why is the case?
The size you were talking about was the block size of the file system,
it is used to translate starting blkno to a vm offset. For a mount point
covered by another file system, the correct block size should be coming
from the fs that is covering this vnode, but vp->v_mount still points to
the fs being covered, and block size for these two fs could be different.

> (2) If the buffer is in the core, we check for size inconsistancies. Why
> should this happen and why should we be conservative on metadata.
I'm not sure about this one. Maybe it happens when a frag is extended to
a full block?