Date:      Sun, 19 Nov 1995 10:01:40 +0800 (WST)
From:      Peter Wemm <peter@jhome.DIALix.COM>
To:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   nvi 1.49

We currently have nvi version 1.34 in the freebsd source.  It has a most
annoying bug (well, it annoys the hell out of me anyway.. :-).

Specifically, if you have a line longer than 80 characters, and move to
say the 90th character, and then leave the line and immediately return,
the sticky positioning will incorrectly put you on the 10th character
instead of the 90th. :-(

What can I say..  I'm easily annoyed...  :-)

I would like to import nvi-1.49, which does not have this bug anymore.
I've built it on my machine and it compiles and runs without difficulty
so far..

-Peter