Date:      Thu, 2 Mar 2000 01:23:55 +0100
From:      Andreas Braukmann <braukmann@tse-online.de>
To:        FreeBSD Chat <chat@FreeBSD.ORG>
Subject:   Re: We got a mention!

Hi,

On Wed, Mar 01, 2000 at 02:36:41PM -0800, Rick Hamell wrote:
> > > 	The GIMP is a good replacement for Photoshop.
> > sorry, I really don't want to seem harsh, but The Gimp is by
> > no means a replacement for Photoshop.
[...]

> PhotoShop replacement for me....:) On the other hand, I personally
> wouldn't hire a graphic artist who limits themselves to just one
> software package.
Hmmm. But most of them are used to the mainstream packages.
Our designers don't use Photoshop exclusively, but they use it,
they are productive in using it, they know all the ins and outs.
(Hey, ... but maybe we would be able to switch to Corel Photopaint
for Linux; we were very used to Photopaint during the dark ages
Photoshop didn't had a multi-level 'undo')
All the other packages have no (not even nearly) aequivalents
on the unix side. (Fireworks, Freehand(!), for example)

-Andreas

--
: Anti-Spam Petition:     http://www.politik-digital.de/spam/          :
: PGP-Key:                http://www.tse-online.de/~ab/public-key      :