Date:      Thu, 30 Aug 2012 20:45:37 -0400
From:      Thomas Abthorpe <tabthorpe@freebsd.org>
To:        Steven Kreuzer <skreuzer@freebsd.org>
Cc:        Doug Barton <dougb@freebsd.org>, freebsd-ports@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Can we please just remove the old Makefile headers?

--BxZB57hXMgIq1JsC

On Thu, Aug 30, 2012 at 04:09:00PM -0400, Steven Kreuzer wrote:
<snip>

> > So without further ado, this is what we would like to see at the top of
> > the makefile
> >
> > #
> > # $FreeBSD$
> > #
> >
> > PORTNAME=3D
> >
> > It is as easy as that :)
>=20
> This would make me happy. Another option I would like to throw out there =
is
> to just stick the # $FreeBSD$ at the end of the file so the first line
> is PORTNAME=3D

I would much rather see it at the top, retaining the notion of header
info at the top of the file.

We are officially going from six lines down to one, that is buying us
(if you still use an 80x24 window like me) an additional 20% of real
estate at the top of the editor.

Thomas

--=20
Thomas Abthorpe		| FreeBSD Committer