Date:      Sun, 1 Nov 98 14:39:21 PST
From:      jordan@Thinkbank.COM (Jordan Hayes)
To:        hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Stand-alone diskless system ...

Hi,

I'm looking for any experiences that people here have had with truely
diskless machines: not booting over the network, but from say flash
memory or even a disk that is subsequently powered off.  The goal is
quiet operation and low-heat generation.  The machine will not be
saving any "interesting" data, so total loss on power-outtage is fine.

I'm not on this list, so please direct responses to me.  I'll summarize
is necessary.

Thanks,

/jordan