Date:      Mon, 20 Oct 2003 08:19:52 -0700
From:      "Bruce A. Mah" <bmah@freebsd.org>
To:        Michel Lavondes <fox@vader.aacc.cc.md.us>
Cc:        freebsd-doc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: Online 5-current release notes: s/dev_db/dev_mkdb/ throughout

--bg08WKrSYDhXBjb5

If memory serves me right, Michel Lavondes wrote:
> The following URLs use dev_db to refer to what I suspect is actually=20
> dev_mkdb (unless it was renamed between 4.x and 5.x). Context:
>=20
>    The dev_db utility is unnecessary due to the mandatory presence of
>    devfs, and has been removed.

You're quite right (as far as I know).  I've fixed this, although it
might take a day or so for a Web site rebuild to pick up the change.
Thanks for pointing this out!

> (Sorry, I know the HTML docs are generated from other files, but I don't=
=20
> have 5-current docs installed locally, so I can't grep them, and I though=
t=20
> that accurate, possibly incomplete information was better than possibly=
=20
> misleading guesses from the RCS/CVS data in the HTML docs. Also, I=20
> assumed, perhaps incorrectly, that this wasn't specific to the web-based=
=20
> docs.)

You're right...all versions of the release notes (whether they're
displayed on the Web site, my snapshot page, or on the release media)
are generated from a single set of SGML files.

Thanks again!

Bruce.

--bg08WKrSYDhXBjb5

--bg08WKrSYDhXBjb5--