Date:      Mon, 14 Jan 2002 09:46:20 EST
From:      Binary011010@aol.com
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Zoom modem, how do I use it?

--part1_170.71dfe37.2974493c_boundary

I'm having problems with my zoom v.92 56k external modem. I am online using
windows right now, so I know the modem works, but I can't seem to use it
under FreeBSD. I have used other external modems under FreeBSD, all using the
"generic" /etc/modems entry, but with this zoom, none of the premade modem
entries (including generic) works. I have /etc/remote set up correctly, and
can get the computer to communicate with the modem, but all the responses I
get from tip are negative, and the modem just makes wierd sounds. So I think
the problem is with /etc/modems. I tried to make a Hayes compatible entry,
but that didn't work, so I guess my question is:

Can you recommend a /etc/modems entry for the new Zoom v.92 external
faxmodem?

Thanks for your help,
                 Phill Davies

--part1_170.71dfe37.2974493c_boundary

<HTML><FONT FACE=arial,helvetica><FONT  SIZE=2>I'm having problems with my zoom v.92 56k external modem. I am online using windows right now, so I know the modem works, but I can't seem to use it under FreeBSD. I have used other external modems under FreeBSD, all using the "generic" /etc/modems entry, but with this zoom, none of the premade modem entries (including generic) works. I have /etc/remote set up correctly, and can get the computer to communicate with the modem, but all the responses I get from tip are negative, and the modem just makes wierd sounds. So I think the problem is with /etc/modems. I tried to make a Hayes compatible entry, but that didn't work, so I guess my question is:
<BR>
<BR>Can you recommend a /etc/modems entry for the new Zoom v.92 external &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;faxmodem?
<BR>
<BR>Thanks for your help,
<BR> &nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;Phill Davies &nbsp;</FONT></HTML>

--part1_170.71dfe37.2974493c_boundary--