Date:      Fri, 17 Dec 1999 15:31:30 -0500 (EST)
From:      Mike Squires <msquires@sir-alan.chem.indiana.edu>
To:        Bill <web@gct-us.com>
Cc:        FreeBSD ports <ports@freebsd.org>
Subject:   Re: Frontpage extensions

> Has anybody had any experience with installing the frontpage extensions
> patch to apache. Any comments or warnings would be appreciated. We are
> running FreeBSD 3.2

There is a update to the port now available on ftp.freebsd.org at
ftp://www.westbend.net/pub/apache/ports or something fairly similar.

This version installs apache 1.3.9 and FP2000 extensions, with an option
of installing modSSL.  In the latter case also get the rsaref patch just
posted (should be listed in the FreeBSD security pages).

There is also a doc on installing 1.3.9/FP2000/modSSL directly from sources.
I have a copy at http://sir-alan.chem.indiana.edu/apache13-fp, along with
a bit of info on installing the apache13-fp2k and -fp2k-modssl ports.
This install does not use mod_frontpage.c, runs FP extensions using SUEXEC.

Mike Squires