Date:      Mon, 29 Apr 2002 09:29:46 -0700
From:      "Joe Sotham" <joe@sotham.com>
Subject:   locked myself out of my FreeBSD 4.5 server

Ooops, I forgot to install .../ports/.../bash2 before changing the login
shell for root and my user id. . STUPID,STUPID, STUPID! BAD DOG!

Now when I try to log in at the console I get ...no valid shell message and
booted off the system

I've tried booting to single user mode and fixing the passwd file...I get /
mounted ro.  I don't have disk #2.  I am not sure what the next step is.

Joe