Date:      Fri, 31 Mar 2000 08:48:18 -0800 (PST)
From:      "Nawfal M. Rouyan" <op4l@yahoo.com>
To:        freebsd-emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: vmware2 problem

I do have /compat/linux but it still do not find the
appropriate libraries. But ldd /usr/local/bin/vmware
is ok. I realized this because vmware also dumps core
when I press the power on button.
Then I execute gdb and find that it fails to find the
/lib/libNoVersion.so.1 which I have in my system under
/compat/linux/lib directory.
Then I tried creating a directory /lib and make a link
to /compat/linux/lib/libNoVersion.so.1 in /lib. I
tried executing vmware and when I pressed power on
button, it dumps core again. I execute gdb and it
states that it can't find the libm..?? which is exists
in my /compat/linux/lib bypassing the check for
libNoVersion.so.1. This makes me think that it didn't
search the /compat/linux directory first when I
execute it.
The question is should I install again the linux_base
port though linux-netscape works fine? Even Linux's
Realplayer 7 beta works fine. This makes me wonder
because I've installed reinstalled vmware for a number
of times but the same things still occurs.

Thanks ;-)