Date:      Thu, 02 Aug 2001 19:30:17 +0000
From:      Paul Halliday <dp@penix.org>
To:        Bill Fumerola <billf@mu.org>
Cc:        freebsd-hackers@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: connecting a FujiFinePix1400 (USB) ?

Bill Fumerola wrote:

> On Wed, Aug 01, 2001 at 05:18:40PM +0000, Paul Halliday wrote:
>

>>heh.. freebsd usb sucks.
>>I have a handspring and a fujifilm finepix40i that are just sitting here
>>collecting dust.
>>

>> From 3.4 - 4.3 S I have tried every available means, packages, patches
>>to get either of them working with 0 luck.
>>
>>If you do happen to get it up and running, please let me know how you
>>achieved such a miraculous feat.
>>

> freebsd usb sucks? no. application support sucks. I've found freebsd's
> usb drivers present applications everything they need to support hardware
> such as this and normally its the available applications (gphoto, in
> this case) that fall short.

Actually, it was fujiplay that I had tried. But yes, gphoto 0.4.3 wasn't
much help either. They say that their beta release, I think 2.0, is
supposed to work. However, repeated attempts at compiling fell a little
short of my expectations.

As for the PDA, according to mailing list sputterings some have had
success. Others have not. I have tried coldsync, gpilot,jpilot etc with
little luck.. oH, cept for mad core dumps and a system freeze that can
be duplicated on both the desktop and the lappy.

Stupid gnome.

--
Paul H.