Date:      Mon, 1 Mar 1999 16:01:53 -0700 (MST)
From:      Andy Kohtz <andrew@kohtz.com>
To:        Carol Deihl <carol@tinker.com>
Cc:        freebsd-isp@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: usernames longer than 8 characters

Carol,

	On FreeBSD 3.1-Release, where the system is able to handle up
to 16 characters for the username, is qpopper able to use larger than 8
without the pop virtuser patch mentioned below?

	I actually intend to use the virtusertable for this system.  AIMS
has so many problems with it, and no real support for virtual hosts.
Which brings me to a new question, if I may be so bold.  I have
only setup sendmail on my second favorite OS, Solaris.  Is the 'hash'
method any different than the 'dbm' format that I'm used to setting up on
Solaris?  If so, are there any suggestions or warnings before I dive in?

	Thanks again!

	- Andrew Kohtz
	  - akohtz@amug.org
	  - andrew@kohtz.com