Date:      Sat, 17 Apr 1999 19:35:05 -0700 (PDT)
From:      rick hamell <hamellr@dsinw.com>
To:        "Michael W. Wathen" <bearmw@net-link.net>
Cc:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: web and my server

Forwarded to questions, it's probally more appropriate...:)

On Sat, 17 Apr 1999, Michael W. Wathen wrote:

> I want to get a server for my company so I can be on the internet but I
> have a few questions. how do I make a web page on it and have people be
> able to access it? Another is if when a worker dials in can they get
> into windows or do they have to use unix. I have had a shell account a
> long time on someone else's server but I don't understand quite how it
> all works.I would be very thankful if you could help sort this all out
> for me. The reason I am asking you is because my shell account uses your
> software.                                Thank!

	For your first question, you'll need to read the Apache
documentation, as that is the web server you will most likely use.
Second, you can use XWindows across a dial up, but it's pretty slow
without digital speeds. Otherwise they're going to be limited to Unix
unles you setup Samba and let them share files, while using their local
machine for most work.

					Rick

---- "Religion exists because man can't belive that he's nothing more
then a random accident."