Date:      Tue, 18 Jan 2000 22:23:47 -0300 (ART)
From:      "Fernando P. Schapachnik" <fernando@schapachnik.com.ar>
To:        lgriffin@bsd4us.org (Lyndon Griffin)
Cc:        freebsd-sparc@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: hello ello llo lo o

En un mensaje anterior Lyndon Griffin escribió:
> ANYWAYS...  My first question is about the "early boot code" on the site:
> How far along is this code - will it actually boot a machine?  And, what
> is the possibility that we can reverse-engineer that code into something
> that will run on a sun4(|c|m)?  Would it be smarter to start from the
> 4.4-BSDlite2 code and work that up to -current?  Or should we work from
> something a little more contemporary, like Open-, Net-, or (shudder) the
> Linux kernel sources?  Has anyone yet taken responsibility as a leader
> in the SPARC porting efforts?  Has anyone besides Jason Evans written any
> code for this port?

I think the answer is: go straight ahead for -current, as this is the
only one the core team will be willing to merge into the main tree.

> Next battery:  has anyone successfully built and tested a cross-compiler
> for this effort?  I mean, besides the information in the FAQ - it sounds
> as though Jason has/had a cygnus setup.  Would it be beneficial if I used
> my site as a general knowledge collection area and possibly a CVS server
> for the project (that's what I have planned it for, anyways)?

If I'm not wrong all your questions have appeared before in this list,
and most of them have answers. I suggest you should read the archives
(there aren't so many messages).

Good luck!

Fernando P. Schapachnik
fernando@schapachnik.com.ar

| Atención: Mensaje generado en entorno libre de productos M$. No contiene |
| HTML, adjuntos en Word ni basura similar. Leer con tranquilidad.         |