Date:      Sun, 24 Jun 2012 19:42:48 -0400
From:      "J. Hellenthal" <jhellenthal@dataix.net>
To:        Doug Barton <dougb@freebsd.org>
Cc:        freebsd-rc@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: conf/169373: mountd starts to early when exporting fs marked as late

On Sun, Jun 24, 2012 at 11:20:05PM +0000, Doug Barton wrote:
> The following reply was made to PR conf/169373; it has been noted by GNATS.
>
> From: Doug Barton <dougb@FreeBSD.org>
> To: freebsd-rc@FreeBSD.org
> Cc: bug-followup@FreeBSD.org
> Subject: Re: conf/169373: mountd starts to early when exporting fs marked
>  as late
> Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2012 16:19:10 -0700
>
>  Off hand, I don't see any reason that this shouldn't be done. Any thoughts?
>
>  Doug
>
>  http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=169373

Personally I can't think of any reason to have a filesystem that is
marked as mount late exported over NFS.

It's usually always the opposite way around ... network comes up -> late
filesystem is then mounted late.

I assume there is probably some other underlying issue here that has not
been properly described as to why this filesystem has been marked late.

--