Date:      Tue, 11 Feb 2020 11:12:48 -0600
From:      Curt Dox <tigersharke@gmail.com>
To:        gnome@freebsd.org
Subject:   FreeBSD Port: Inkscape

Perhaps it is time that Inkscape can be updated to use a more current
python?

I adjusted my Makefile Uses= with *python:3.4+* and it compiled fine for
me, I have python37 installed.  Surely the uses line could be more
aggressive *shrugs*.  I tested to see whether it also ran and tried a small
subset of what it could do, the only issues seem to be with
extensions which I am uncertain whether they'd be broken regardless of
python version.  there is also this information
https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/inkscape/+bug/1735363/comments/35
which suggests that a number of months ago the
python version 'upgrade' was handled by some developers.

Thank you for your time and effort!