Date:      Tue, 4 Feb 1997 12:10:57 -0700 (MST)
From:      Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>
To:        Brett_Glass@infoworld.com
Cc:        Nate Williams <nate@mt.sri.com>, msmith@atrad.adelaide.edu.au, se@freebsd.org, Andre.Albsmeier@mchp.siemens.de, freebsd-hardware@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: PCMCIA Interrupt sharing (Was: 5 devices in 4 PCI Slots ?)

> > The 'bus' code is not setup to share the IRQ, but the drivers themselves
> > need not be aware of it, since they don't service the interrupts
> > directly.
>
> What "bus" code is used for PCMCIA cards? Why is it not set up for
> interrupt sharing, at least within a card?

The PCMCIA/PCCARD bus code in /sys/pccard.  It's not setup for interrupt
sharing simply because we haven't finished fleshing out the work Andrew
McRae started.

> Note: I'd really like to be able to use FreeBSD on a laptop, but so far,
> when I've asked, I've been told that I'd have to wait until some
> unidentified person(s) in Japan wrote drivers.

2.2 works on the 6 laptops I have access to, and I've helped numerous
others folks get it working on theirs.  But, in the same manner that
FreeBSD is 'picky' about the hardware the code is also picky.

Nate