Date:      Thu, 26 Jun 1997 16:30:32 -0400 (EDT)
From:      James FitzGibbon <james@nexis.net>
To:        Nathan Dorfman <nathan@senate.org>
Cc:        Jim Shankland <jas@flyingfox.com>, freebsd-security@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: SSHD from Inetd

On Thu, 26 Jun 1997, Nathan Dorfman wrote:

> Actually I wanted sshd to run with tcpd :) is it possible to do that
> without inetd? Also, I have seen where sendmail was tcpd'd and HELO
> would report a pident output! Any info on this?

sshd can be linked against libwrap and use /usr/local/etc/hosts.allow
internally.

Look at the port, it has comments about using USE_WRAP=YES to do this.

--
j.

| James FitzGibbon                                         james@nexis.net |
| The Nexis Group                                 Voice/Fax : 416 410-0100 |