Date:      Wed, 22 Dec 2004 01:53:46 -0600
From:      "R. Tyler Ballance" <tyler@tamu.edu>
To:        yongari@kt-is.co.kr
Cc:        freebsd-sparc64@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: sysinstall dead in -CURRENT?

--=-l9o+Yxoc0j0N3W+iQ2FB

> Ok, here is a better workaround. This patch should also fix another
> error of sysinstall. At present, sysinstall presents SCSI CDROM
> to available disks in Fdisk/Label menu. It seems that the root
> cause is GEOM's disk handling.("kern.disk" always shows SCSI CDROM
> and it is used as an argument to Open_Disk())
>=20
> So I added an additioanl check for CDROM in sysinstall instead of
> touching libdisk. Please let me know how it goes. And I'd like
> to know it doesn't break i386 sysinstall too. Due to lack of i386 with
> SCSI CDROM I couldn't verify the patch.

Yep, your patch does work, I think it's a valid workaround that would
help if worked into -CURRENT, I cannot imagine anywhere else where
addressing the SCSI CD-Rom like you would a regular HD would get you
into trouble, any other libdisk-caused errors?

-R. Tyler Ballance

--=-l9o+Yxoc0j0N3W+iQ2FB

--=-l9o+Yxoc0j0N3W+iQ2FB--