Date:      Fri, 22 Jun 2001 00:13:39 -0700 (PDT)
From:      Donn Miller <hackr_d@yahoo.com>
To:        Kenneth Mays <kmays2000@hotmail.com>, freebsd-stable@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Microsoft uses FreeBSD

--- Kenneth Mays <kmays2000@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Microsoft focuses its attacks on Linux. They know they can't compete
> head-to-head well against FreeBSD or even BSDI Internet Server on
> that note
> (on the server level).

Actually, the reason MS hates Linux so much is because the Linux kernel
is GPL'd.  Secondly, the Linux community has this "destroy Microsoft"
mentality (not that I blame them though).

They use FreeBSD because it has the more open BSD license, which allows
them to do whatever they want with the BSD code without fear of legal action.