Date:      Wed, 8 Jul 1998 08:45:53 +1200
From:      "Dan Langille" <junkmale@xtra.co.nz>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG, bjg@otherspace.net
Subject:   Re: DHCP Suppoert

On 7 Jul 98, at 14:32, Bob wrote:

> Greetings.
>
> Having recenty obtained a cable modem, it would be nice to get this toy
> working under FreeBSD. :) The provider uses DHCP, however, and I havn't
> seen a peep in the various FreeBSD docs about support for that in FreeBSD.
> (I'm currently using 2.2.6-RELEASE )
>
> Anyone know anything about that ?

Coincidentally, I've answered this question within the past 8 hours.
Here's what I said before.  It seem that poster solved the problem with
the following advice:

I recently did the same thing for my ADSL connection (via the telephone
line).  I can't imagine it's much different.  Check out the following
page: http://home.san.rr.com/freebsd/dhcp.html  I found it worked first
time everytime.

cheers.
--