Date:      Tue, 5 Mar 2013 21:21:33 +0100
From:      Alexander Leidinger <Alexander@Leidinger.net>
To:        =?ISO-8859-1?Q?Ren=C3=A9?= Ladan <rene@freebsd.org>
Cc:        emulation@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: removing old linux ports

On Mon, 04 Mar 2013 21:57:08 +0100
Ren=C3=83=C2=A9 Ladan <rene@freebsd.org> wrote:

>=20
> On 03/04/13 21:42, Alexander Leidinger wrote:
> > On Mon, 04 Mar 2013 15:11:24 +0100 Ren=EF=BF=A9 Ladan <r.c.ladan@gmail.=
com>
> > wrote:
> >=20
> >> [snip ports]
> >>=20
> >> [snip more ports]
> >=20
> > I just took a quick look at the list, but wasn't able to identify=20
> > something urgently needed (at least for the infrastructure ports=20
> > maintained by emulation@). In general: just look at the expiration
> > part of the fc4 port (really inside the Makefile) and compare it
> > with all the ports which you want to remove (at least for the ports
> > maintained by emulation@), if it matches you can remove.
> >=20
> Thanks.  As expected:
> % make -C /usr/ports/head/emulators/linux_base-fc4/ -V EXPIRATION_DATE
> 2013-02-28

Please look inside the makefile, not at the content of a variable.
There is a comment: # EXPIRATION_DATE is the EoL of the last 7.x release
This is what I was referring to.

>  >> Removing textproc/linux-aspell resulted in a broken portsnap
>  >> build,
> >> which might mean it is still building for 7.X.  I'll also write
> >> a patch to remove 7.X support from bsd.linux-apps.mk and=20
> >> bsd.linux-rpm.mk.
> >=20
> I have re-added textproc/linux-aspell for now.
>=20
> > It would be nice if the patches results in a nice explanation for
> > the user trying to use some linux stuff on 7.x.
> >=20
> Uhm, like upgrading to 8.X ? (Sorry, no idea what else...)

"The ports collection does not support linux ports on your FreeBSD
version anymore, please update to a supported version (see
http://www.FreeBSD.org/releases/)."

> I have attached some *untested* patches for Mk/ , feel free to
> comment. As one is for bsd.port.mk, they must go through portmgr.

bsd.linux-apps.mk looks ok.
bsd.linux-rpm.mk: the indent of the if/else is wrong now. For
representing what you want to do the patch looks OK, but the real
commit should fix the indent (up to portmgr if in one commit or two).
bsd.port.mk looks ok.

Bye,
Alexander.

--=20