Date:      Mon, 27 Mar 2006 22:43:10 -0400 (AST)
From:      "Marc G. Fournier" <scrappy@hub.org>
To:        jmc <jcagle@gmail.com>
Cc:        freebsd-proliant@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: any way to reset ilo without disconnecting power?

On Mon, 27 Mar 2006, jmc wrote:

> If you're running version 1.82 (probably 1.80 too) you can issue these
> commands to the SMASH interface to reset the management processor (map1):

What is 'the SMASH interface'?  is that when I ssh into the machine, or is
there yet one more thing I don't know about iLo :(

> cd /map1
> reset
>
> If you're running something older, then you should update to 1.82.
>
> What are the circumstances that cause iLO to think someone's still connected
> to 'remcons'?

I'm not 100% certain, actually ... but, periodically, after a power cycle
(unplug, not just virtual power), I get weird behavior with ssh/remcons

I am running 1.82 though:

iLO  1.82 pass1 at 15:53:34 Aug 22 2005
Server Name: host is unnamed
Server Power: On