Date:      Sun, 12 Nov 1995 01:18:43 -0500 (EST)
From:      Mikhail Kuperblum <mikhail@klm.com>
To:        questions@freebsd.org
Subject:   Problem with mice

Just finished installing v2.0.5. Ran into mice problem. Every
time I startx, my mouse either totally doesn't work or skips
(I see the pointer, then it's gone, then I see it again) and
I get a whole bunch of the following errors:

sio0: <some_number> more interrupt level overflows...

Mouse is connected to DTC 2280 super I/O card (16550) and my computer
is a generic Pentium 90. I tried two different mice (Logitech and Microsoft)
and basically ran them through all possible settings in /etc/XF86Config.
The best I was able to master was a jerky mouse motion with a bunch of
"interrupt level overflow" errors every couple of seconds.

It might be something trivial (bad serial port?), but I haven't
dealt with FreeBSD before, so any clue where to look is
appreciated.

--
mikhail