Date:      Wed, 06 Aug 1997 16:25:17 -0700
From:      "Richard G. Duvall" <rgduvall@greymalkin.com>
To:        freebsd-questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Modem Installation

I have searched all over the www.freebsd.org website for the answer to my
problem.  I gave up, and am deciding to write an email to an "expert" instead.

I have a Supra Express PnP ISA modem.  I downloaded the boot.flp file, and
created the boot floppy.  The installation program boots just fine.  I make
the hard drive partitions and everything.  I then go to Media and select FTP
from ftp.freebsd.org, then setup my network.

I am dialing with a modem to an ISP, and IP addresses are assigned
dynamicly.  So, I enter the information in the fields, and leave the IP
address part blank, and hit "ok".  Nothing happens.  Isn't it supposed to go
into a screen to which I can dial my modem?  How do I dial my modem so that
I can install over the network?

Sincerely,

Richard G. Duvall