Date:      Mon, 15 Dec 1997 01:17:49 -0800
From:      Amancio Hasty <hasty@rah.star-gate.com>
To:        multimedia@freebsd.org
Cc:        current@freebsd.org
Subject:   glquake, glguake world and quake server work 8)

Due to Pierre Beyssac <pb@fasterix.freenix.org> recent bug fixes
to the socket layer on FreeBSD 3.0 -current , glquake and quake2
now work on FreeBS 3.0 -current with no specific hacks like
I had in the linux layer.

Additionally, Mike Smith checked in my mods to the linux layer .

Whats left is for me or someone (hint) to generate a Mesa/Glide package
and glquake, glquake world, and quake server package.

You may have to wait 8 hours or so till all the commits get propagated.

I have updated my ftp://rah.star-gate.com/README.GLQUAKE to reflect the
recent updates. Basically, for 3.0-current users the steps to allow
glquake to run have been reduced to installing my version of
svgalib for linux and compiling/installing Mesa (for linux) in your
system.

Okay, whats so great about glquake --- well not much other than if you
have a Voodoo chipset board such as a Diamond Monster 3d you can play
Quake with 3d hardware assist on your FreeBSD box. Also, GLQuake  clearly
paves the way for 3d hardware assist on FreeBSD.

	Enjoy,
	Amancio