Date:      Tue, 22 Feb 2000 23:18:56 -0600 (CST)
From:      Kris Kirby <kris@hiwaay.net>
To:        Matthew Dillon <dillon@apollo.backplane.com>
Cc:        Joe Greco <jgreco@ns.sol.net>, chat@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Filesystem size limit?

>     I take it all back.  The server holds nothing but scanned-in
>     self portraits!
>
>     (Just got an HP scanner.  Scanned in a picture at maximum resolution
>     and wound up with a 400MB file!). :-)

Once upon a time, I was tasked to clean out a teacher's computer and
restore it to fully-functioning status. This machine had a scanner and a
850 MB hard drive. When I first started using the machine, I noticed it
was running Windows 3.1 and had about 350 MB free. Then I found four 100
MB .tif files (no compression) of 8.5" x 11" scans taken from a "Lowrider"
magazine. A little while later, the free space was correctly restored, and
the teacher questioned.

---
<kris@nospam.hiwaay.net>    |