Date:      Tue, 5 May 1998 09:22:51 +0200 (CEST)
From:      Dirk-Willem van Gulik <dirk.vangulik@jrc.it>
To:        "Michael A." <poptart__@hotmail.com>
Cc:        questions@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: Downloading FreeBSD

On Tue, 5 May 1998, Michael A. wrote:

> Hello.  I am knowledgable in computers, and would like to download
> FreeBSD.  I went to the FTP site, to the FreeBSD 2.2.6 directory and
> found tons of stuff.  What I would like to know, is what to download.

> Could you tell me?

Fetching the files INSTALL.TXT (and perhaps ABOUT.TXT, README.TXT, *.TXT)
would propably go a long way to answer your questions.

You could also pop into a decent bookshop and pick up a copy of the
FreeBSD handbook; it comes with 4 CD's which contain just about
everything you did not known you always wanted. That safes oodles on
download time.

Dw