Date:      Sun, 30 Mar 2003 13:19:57 -0600
From:      "Jacques A. Vidrine" <nectar@FreeBSD.org>
To:        chris scott <chris.scott@uk.tiscali.com>
Cc:        freebsd-stable@freebsd.org
Subject:   Re: racoon problems with -STABLE

On Sun, Mar 30, 2003 at 08:11:16PM +0100, chris scott wrote:
> I have just cvsuped to RELENG-4 yesterday and made world and installed the
> new kernel. I also rebuild racoon as it ofen breaks after an upgrade of
> openssl. Howver racoon still keeps dying.

> Has anything changed in the build
> of openssl between 4.7 and 4.8?

Yes.  4.7-RELEASE had OpenSSL 0.9.6;  4.8-RELEASE has OpenSSL 0.9.7.

> /usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: /usr/local/sbin/racoon: Undefined symbol
> "des_key_sched"

You probably have racoon linked to the OpenSSL port
(ports/security/openssl), which incorrectly set the shlib version
number of libcrypto.

Solution:
   Uninstall the OpenSSL port and rebuild racoon.

Possible workarounds:
   See my previous post on this list.

Cheers,
--
Jacques A. Vidrine <nectar@celabo.org>          http://www.celabo.org/
NTT/Verio SME          .     FreeBSD UNIX     .       Heimdal Kerberos