Date:      Fri, 28 Jan 2005 01:20:09 +0900 (JST)
From:      Hiroki Sato <hrs@FreeBSD.org>
To:        sparc64@FreeBSD.org
Subject:   E3500/E4500 not supported?

----Security_Multipart(Fri_Jan_28_01_20_09_2005_536)--

Hi,

 Is the following description in www/en/platforms/sparc.sgml still true?

   The following systems are supported, but can only be netbooted due to
   the onboard scsi controller being unsupported.  Work is underway to add
   support for this scsi controller. These systems may work with the esp
   driver imported from NetBSD.

    - Enterprise 3500
    - Enterprise 4500

 I tried 5.3-RELEASE on E4500 with SBus I/O board but the SCSI
 controller (FAS366) was recognized as esp(4) and it seemed to work fine.
 Although I do not know the PCI board-only case, I think it should
 be explained in sparc.sgml.  Did somebody try these machines?