Date:      Mon, 10 Mar 2003 20:57:22 -0500
From:      Jason Cribbins <freebsd@kibserv.org>
To:        freebsd-questions@freebsd.org

I am unable to subscribe to freebsd-security-notifications...but I was ab=
le to=20
subscribe to about 6 other lists just fine

I send in the request to subscribe...I get back the confirmation email wi=
th=20
the auth line...which I paste very carefully in another email to be sent=20
back....

but then instead of being subscribed I get another majordomo results emai=
l=20
stating my request was successful but I still need to confirm and my emai=
l=20
address is incorrect.
----------

Basically I send this:

subscribe freebsd-security-notifications
----------

I get this=20

commands (exactly as shown) back to "Majordomo@FreeBSD.ORG":

        auth 2cd8eff3 subscribe freebsd-security-notifications=20
freebsd@kibserv.org

If you do not want this action to be taken, simply ignore this message
and the request will be disregarded.
----------

Then I reply with this:
auth 2cd8eff3 subscribe freebsd-security-notifications freebsd@kibserv.or=
=3D
----------

And I get this:
freebsd@kibserv.or=3D
**** Your request to Majordomo@FreeBSD.ORG:
****=20
****    subscribe freebsd-security-notifications freebsd@kibserv.or=3D
****=20
**** must be authenticated.  To accomplish this, another request must be
**** sent in with an authorization key, which has been sent to:
****    freebsd@kibserv.or=3D

And yes I am 100% certain I have not mistyped my own email address 7 time=
s in=20
a row.

Jason Cribbins