Date:      Tue, 21 Sep 2004 12:43:55 -0700
From:      Mike Hunter <mhunter@ack.Berkeley.EDU>
To:        freebsd-acpi@freebsd.org
Subject:   5.3-BETA5 "ACPI autoload failed - no such file or directory"

Hi,

Upon upgrading to 5.3-BETA5 I got the message:
ACPI autoload failed - no such file or directory

I did some google searching and came up with this:

http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-current/2004-August/033757.html

Which told me to change /boot/defaults/loader.conf to change

module_path="/boot/modules"

module_path="/boot/kernel;/boot/modules"

Which solved the problem.  I'm just wondering what I missed in upgrading
that made this a problem in the first place...?

Also, my dmesg now has this:

ACPI link \\_SB_.PCI0.LNKB has invalid initial irq 11, ignoring

Is that just a quirk of my custom DSDT?

Last but not least (here's a silly question)...what's the proper mailing
list to send general 5.3-BETA questions to?  current is at 6, and stable
is at 4.10...:|

Thanks,

Mike