Date:      Mon, 1 Jun 1998 01:33:16 +0200
From:      Harold Gutch <logix@foobar.franken.de>
To:        hm@kts.org
Cc:        freebsd-isdn@FreeBSD.ORG
Subject:   Re: i4b not working

On Sun, May 31, 1998 at 08:48:07PM +0200, Hellmuth Michaelis wrote:

> Or something else is in the way. You wrote:
>
> > isic0 at 0xd80 irq 5 maddr 0xd0000 msize 4096 flags 0x2 on isa
>
> Is it possible for you to try other i/o addresses than 0xd80 and then other
> memory addresses than 0xd0000 ?
>
> Have you verified nothing else is at 0xd0000 4K upwards ?

Well, perhaps I am mistaken in this case, but isdntrace works
perfectly - doesnt that mean that the settings mentioned above
are OK ?
Anyway, from what I can see, the next 4K arent used twice, for
the i/o address i tried (randomly...) using other addresses (all
with absolutely no result, the card was not even probed
correctly.
After plugging the card into a DOS-machine, the setup-tools which
were provided with the card allowed me to setup the IRQ and some
address - the default address 0xc800 wasnt in any way "close" to
the memory address nor the i/o port specified in the default
configfile-settings, so this didnt help me either...

BTW, could the flags cause any problems ? Are they documented
somewhere ?

> What kind of motherboard do you have (there were reports of "old" PCI
> motherboards with difficulties with Teles cards in the ISA slots).

It's a Gigabyte HX 512 board.

--
bye, logix

<Shabby> Sleep is an abstinence syndrome wich accurs due to lack of coffein.
Wed Mar  4 04:53:33 CET 1998   #unix, ircnet