Date:      Wed, 28 Mar 2012 15:49:52 +0100
From:      Mark Blackman <mark@exonetric.com>
To:        Ben Babich <ben@activeservices.net.au>
Cc:        "freebsd-hubs@freebsd.org" <freebsd-hubs@freebsd.org>, Christiaan Keet <keet@plig.net>
Subject:   Re: Bytemark Mirror

On 28 Mar 2012, at 15:41, Ben Babich wrote:

> Hi guys,
>=20
> What volume of data do you expect per month for this kind of setup?

I've got no idea, but I'm hoping it's not routinely way over 100Mbps, =
but
the occasional burst to 1G is okay. I'm expecting it to average out to
about 50Mbps. I'll let you convert that to =
megabytes/gigabytes/terabytes.

- Mark

>=20
> On 28/03/2012, at 9:28 PM, Mark Blackman <mark@exonetric.com> wrote:
>=20
>>=20
>> On 24 Jan 2012, at 15:59, Christiaan Keet wrote:
>>>=20
>>> rsync is turned on again for now, I'll hopefully be able to leave it =
running until Joe gets round to sorting out the DNS.   I hope someone =
else will take up the cause and replace ftp.uk.freebsd.org!
>>=20
>> FYI, mirror.exonetric.net has been set up and is waiting for the DNS =
switchover to become the new ftp.uk.freebsd.org.
>>=20
>> We currently provide HTTP, FTP and rsync access. We aim to provide =
cvsup and a www mirror as well, once
>> configured. As we're connected to LINX in London and as we add more =
peers, that system should be a reasonably
>> well-connected resource, in general.
>>=20
>> We're currently updating from ftp-master.freebsd.org, but would like =
to start updating from ftp-master.eu.freebsd.org.